CentralApp allows you to create a product list directly from your website.
Create a product list
You have the choice to publish your product list in a PDF form or to create a detailed product list. We recommend you to add a PDF catalog if you already have an original design by a graphic designer that matches your brand's colors.
Advantages of the product list detailed
You can also decide to create your own product list in CentralApp. This interactive product list is much more advantageous for several reasons:
- It will play an important role in your referencing
- It is very easy to modify
- It will be more readable especially for phone users
- It will have a style consistent with the rest of your site
You can create and publish a product listing on the website via a PDF document that you have previously created.
Here are the steps to create a detailed product listing from CentralApp:
- Go to the "Information & Settings"
- Click on the "Products" feature.
- Click on the “Create & publish product lists”
- Choose "Add a catalogue"
- Fill in the name of the section that will be visible on the website with possibly a description of the document
- Import your PDF document into CentralApp by drag & drop or by clicking in the box to choose it directly from your file explorer
- Save your list of products
Don't forget to publish your document so that it is visible on your website! Refer to the end of this article to find out how to publish your product listing.
Don't restrict yourself, you have the possibility to publish multiple PDF files.
What type of document can I put?
We only accept PDF files to ensure better readability on all devices for your website visitors.
CentralApp allows you to create a detailed product list directly from your website. We highly recommend this option as it is ideal for SEO and more scalable than the PDF version.
Here's how to create a detailed product listing from CentralApp:
- Go to the "Information & Settings" tab.
- Click on the "Products" feature.
- Click on “Create & publish product lists ”
- Choose "Create your product list"
- Fill in the information (Name, possibly a description, VAT, Currency and image format) and save
You will then be able to manage all the information to populate the menu.
Add and edit a section
It is possible to add different sections to a list of products.
Here are some examples of sections:
- For an optician: Adult glasses, children's glasses, etc.
- For a clothing store: Pants, Dresses, Accessories, etc.
To add and manage the different sections of your list, please follow the directions below.
- Click on the icon with the pencil to edit your product list.
- In the pane on the right, click on the "Sections" button, then on "Create a Section".
- Enter the name of the section, possibly a description and you can also insert an image that will be the background of your section. It is advisable to add a picture for your section, otherwise the system will default to the first image of the section.
Once the sections are created, you will be able to reorganize them by drag & drop, i.e. by clicking on the move icon to the left of the section, keeping the click pressed, and then moving the section as you wish.
You can also at any time change the settings of the section by clicking on the edit icon or delete a section by clicking on the trash can icon.
Important: A section that contains no items will not be displayed on the website.
Add an element
There are two ways to create an element:
- To quickly add an item to your product list, click on "Quick Add" next to the desired section and you'll be able to quickly fill in the item's basic information (Name, description and price). However, you will not have the ability to add photos at this time.
- In the pane to the right of the menu, you can click on "Manage Items", and then click on "Add a New Item". You can then fill in all the characteristics of your item: Name, description, long description, price, promotional price, section to which the item belongs, price variations, tags (popular, new) and pictures of the item. You must first save the first information to be able to upload pictures. Unlike the menu, the product category allows you to drop multiple photos for the same item, take advantage of it! You can also offer a larger description for your products.
Once the element is created, it is still possible to modify it. To do so, you must identify the item in the list of Products, then click on the edit icon of the item.
To be noted
If a section contains no elements, the section will not be able to be published.
Product list settings
The "Settings" tab in the right pane allow you to modify the basic settings of the product list such as its name, description, VAT, currency, image ratio and enabling translations.
Publish product list
After creating your detailed product list, you can directly publish it by clicking on the "Publish " tab on the right of your page. You will then be able to decide the date of publication as well as the display of the prices.
In case you leave the page of creation of your product list in question and it is ready or you have a PDF product list, you will be able to do it directly via "Products " in "Information and Settings ". You have to click on the button "Create & publish product lists ", then click on "Publish ". You will then be able to choose the list of products created previously that you want to publish by clicking on "Publish " in the corresponding line.
I have created a product list but I don't see it?
When you have started to create a product list but it is not yet published, it will not appear directly on your website.
You have to go to the unpublished lists by clicking on the button "Create & publish product lists ", then on "Publish ".
Your product list will be visible there and you will be able to modify it, publish it or delete it permanently.